Which Air Conditioning Is Best For My Home
Creating a comfortable environment in your home is a decision more and more Perth families are making. Unlike decades ago when air conditioning was considered expensive to buy and install, recent times have seen home air conditioning become extremely popular as it’s become affordable, very efficient and adds value to your home.
However, the decision of what type of air conditioning to buy is sometimes difficult as lifestyles, differing home designs and requirements differ from person to person. With over 40 years in the air conditioning industry, we offer our impartial information, experience and knowledge in this website to help you decide the best type of air conditioning for your home and family.
Consumers who are buying air conditioning for the first time often get confused by the many different types of Residential Air conditioning systems. During the past 5-years in particular, I have witnessed enormous innovation & technology improvements driven by demand for improved efficiencies and home design concepts.
Set out below is a brief summary on the different types of air conditioning products available. From this page you can progress quickly through this website for information on applications, products, installation details, finance and even arrange for a free in-home quote.
Choosing a new air conditioner isn’t a decision to be taken lightly. That’s because factors like size of your house, how many rooms it has, whether it’s one or multi-storey are just a few of the variables that can impact an air conditioner’s efficiency and running costs. But if you follow a few tips, coming up with the right decision isn’t too difficult.
Here is information about each type of air conditioning in easy to understand points:
Ideal Application: Cost effective single room/area cooling and heating
- Thermostat controlled and Timer as standard
- Extremely efficient form of heating
- Consider one unit for day area and one for bedroom
- Multi head outlets available on one outside compressor
- Outdoor Compressor in low traffic area
Ideal Application: large family homes with children and pets, cooling only
- The hotter and dryer the better the system works, expect 120 c temperature drop.
- Efficiency is reduced during high humidity days
- The best form of air conditioning for sleeping conditions
- No zoning required, cools entire home simultaneously
- Works best with open doors and windows.
- Environmentally friendly due to low electricity consumption.
- Optional Air Relief Security Grille – assists with performance and home security
Ideal Application: Best form of heating available. Perfect partner added to homes with Evaporative cooling.
- Powerful & Superior form of heating
- Thermostat controlled with auto start Timer.
- Heats entire home including your bathrooms
- Optional Air filter improves air quality
- Unit and ducting concealed in roof cavity
- Extremely safe – no naked flame
Ideal Application: Any size family and house size situation. The most desired form of cooling & heating.
- You’re able to select your desired temperature.
- You can ‘zone’ your home to reduce running costs
- Extremely efficient form of heating.
- Air recycled 13 times every hour allowing for quality air filtration.
- Compressor placed outside home in low traffic area
Ducted Refrigerated VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow)
Ideal Application: Multi Storey unique designed homes with minimal cavity ducting space. Regarded as the ultimate form of home air conditioning.
- Large capacity single machine.
- Compact for complex installations
- Combination choice of ducted, split console, cassette & bulkhead outlets.
- Individual room/area control.
- Increased efficiency
- High quality
- Cost installed $20-$100,000.
We recommend you spend a little time reading the air conditioning product pages in this website for further information on the individual brands and the various models we sell.
Important things to remember when making your buying decision.
The air conditioning system you buy is not just a machine.
- The machine make represents only 40% of the entire ducted system purchase price.
- Installation ducting represents 30% of the system purchase and is not provided by the machine manufacturer.
- Installation labour, electrical, plumbing represents 30% of the system purchase price.